All meetings of the WWFPD Fire Commissioners, including special and adjourned meetings, except executive sessions, shall be open to the public, as is required by statute.
- Regular meetings of the WWFPD Fire Commissioners shall be held on the third Wednesday evening of every other month at 6:00 p.m. at the Gurnee Fire Department Fire Station #2, 6581 Dada Dr., Gurnee, Illinois, at the corner of Hunt Club and Dada Roads. (MAP)
- Meetings may be held at other locations upon serving of proper notice.
View the 2019/2020 Meeting Schedule for the Warren Waukegan Fire Protection District.
- Special meetings may be called by the WWFPD Fire Commissioners and notice will be posted at the location of the meeting at least 36 hours prior to the time specified for such meeting. Any special meeting attended by all of the members shall be a regular meeting for the transaction of any business that may come before such meeting if all members are present and so agree.
- The WWFPD Fire Commissioners President shall preside at all meetings of the WWFPD Fire Commissioners and shall be permitted to vote on all business before the board.
- During the absence or disability of the President, the board shall elect one of its number President pro tem of the board and he shall act as presiding officer of the board. Where the absence or disability of the President is to be of a very short duration and no individual is required to be granted the powers of the President, the board shall elect one of its members temporary chairman. The President pro tem or the temporary chairman, when acting as presiding officer, shall vote on all questions on which the vote is taken by “yeas” and “nays”, his name being called last. The President pro tem shall have all of the powers and duties of the President; the temporary chairman shall only have such powers and duties as accrue to a presiding officer.
- Each meeting of the WWFPD Fire Commissioners shall convene at the time Appointed for such meeting, as provided by ordinance. The President shall thereupon immediately call the roll of members. If no quorum be present, the board shall not thereby stand adjourned, but the members present shall be competent to adjourn or recess the WWFPD Fire Commissioners by a majority vote.